Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Our experimental education.

If you go back and see the post from 2011 you can see well... Traditional education doesnt work that well for my Kinesthetic learners ( when learning takes place by the student carrying out a physical activity, rather than listening to a lecture or watching a demonstration.) So we are experimenting with doing more hands on, more computer work and less worksheets, we have generally been doing a lot of hands on but I am taking it to the next lever this year and I actually have been told by Jonathan that school is fin now since most the worksheets are gone (This is a kid that wasnt looking forward to the first day of school, most kids are excited about starting school, I know Lily was and I always was but not this kid) I wanted to do unschooling but I couldnt wrap my head around it, just couldnt do it, and I wanted to do Charlotte Mason but I didnt think it would work for us either so I am doing my own thing. =-) We will see how it goes. The subjects I will be teaching but not limited to (whether by hands on, computer, or the dreaded paper worksheets are):
-Reading
-Cooking
-Bible
-Science
-Social Studies
-P.E/Health
-Math
-Art
-Journal
-English

No comments:

Post a Comment