Before she went to bed she told me it was the BESTEST birthday ever and ask when her next one was! Haha. So that means I done my job, my baby had a fantastic birthday so I got to go to bed happy.
Some of the things I did to make it special.
- Decorated before she got up (actually before I went to bed because some morning she wakes up the same time I do)
- We have a tradition of having pancakes with icing and sprinkles on birthdays, we started it last year and have had it on every birthday since.
- Picked her favorite lunch (added cupcakes of course!) and had a picnic (another one of her favorites!)
- Planned out gifts (Im a planner! ha) so that she would have something going on all day long. When she first got up she opened her birthday outfit, before school she opened some Melissa & Doug magnets, after lunch she opened a sprinkler and new swimsuit (a gift they all (excluding Nolan) enjoyed!)
- Before Dinner, she opened her main gift of the day which was a Nancy Doll she had been begging for that I told her she might get for Christmas. (sneaky mom!)
- Dinner. Pick some of their favorites! We had chicken parmesan crescents http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/04/chicken-parmesan-crescents-recipe.html green beans and Ice Cream Cake (which she is in the background right now asking for a piece "Ice Cream cake for meeeeee, Ice cream cake for me..." Guess she liked it.)
- Right Before bed She opened some new lotion (such a girly girl) new nightgown and a book.
- She had other gifts to just open randomly throughout the day as well. They dont have to be costly gifts (ex. she wanted some make up so she got like 5 things of $1 makeup, kids are easy to please at this age.)
Decorated the Dining Room
Her Gifts for the Day. Helped to keep it festive!
At the Church having a picnic
Happy 5th Birthday Gorgeous Girl
After we got back from Lunch she got to open
a gift it was this suit and the sprinkler.
Her Ice Cream Cake.
Happy Birthday Sweet Princess. Glad you had a great day. <3